Howard Gardner Community School will provide students with a unique and supportive learning environment based on the tenets of multiple intelligence theory, facilitate the development of 21st-century skills, and create an atmosphere where ALL students reach their highest potential.
- We will create and foster a community of life-long learners who are primed for success in the 21st century.
- We pledge to thoughtfully educate students of all academic and developmental levels using Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences as our framework.
- We continually strive to improve our instruction through professional development and cutting-edge, research-based practices.
- Our rigorous and progressive curriculum will foster student engagement. Teachers will facilitate and promote the qualities of passion, imagination, adaptability, perseverance, courage, self-awareness and curiosity.
- We will utilize the data obtained from formative and summative assessments to help guide our instruction.
- We believe children are most successful when staff, students, and families work together.
- We will ensure that our students will flourish in a highly supportive environment that values the "whole child's” educational experience – from academic rigor, to creative expression, to leadership development.