At HGCS we encourage and value parent support. Please join the Parent Advisory Council today!
Meetings are open to parents to come and ask questions and take on leadership roles to help out on various projects.
The Parent Advisory Council (IPAC) in conjunction with the school’s staff and Board of Directors, is responsible for the following:
- Community activities and fundraising events
- Planning of school events, field trips, and sports programs
- Marketing of the HGCS brand
- Forming partnerships with community leaders, businesses, and other professionals
- Parent support groups and trainings
- Encouraging parent involvement and volunteering
The purpose of this committee is to support HGCS in planning, organizing and supervising events and fundraisers led by individual classrooms, subcommittees, and school events which provide diverse learning environments.
Our goal is that through parent involvement, families will be informed about opportunities in which they can create and support learning experiences for students. PAC will encourage the participation of families and students in these experiences.
Our vision is to build a foundation through parent, teacher and student collaboration. Students will have opportunities to participate in activities that are academically enriching and that allow them to bring about their intelligences and promote learning from different perspectives.
Communication is the key role for staff and parents connect and collaborate. There are several ways Parents can support their school and be part of their student success:
- Participate during the bimonthly PAC meetings
- Make sure the HGCS has your current contact information. The school sends out frequent email and/or robocalls with the latest information and reminders.
- Visit the volunteer desk and complete a task from the white board.
- Become a Class Parent and become the link between teacher and parents.